Phil Bradley Training is being launched on Friday 7th October with two courses held in a central London location.
Earlier this year I sent out a survey asking what kind of training you wanted Many of you were kind enough to send me your thoughts. Since then, I’ve been developing what I hope will be a new type of training experience - effective, flexible, affordable – and designed to ‘last for life’.
What’s on offer?
• Two courses available on the day; Advanced Internet Search and Apps for Librarians. Choose one or both, morning or afternoon
• Each course is two and a half hours long
• After you have booked I’ll send details on how you can access the training videos, each covering a tool, a technique or a process The courses have between 5.30 and 6.30 hours worth of video training. You don’t need to wait for the day of the course to start learning!
• Videos will be constantly updated and enhanced as tools change and new ideas/products develop. New videos will be added on a regular basis, keeping you up to date with news and developments
• Access to a dynamic community of fellow learners
• Access to online video chats and text chats with me
Apps for Librarians
This course will look at a variety of different apps that
information professionals can use in their daily work. It covers browsers, search engines, productivity tools, scanning apps, creatingmultimedia resources, guiding tools, reference and news apps. Although I’ll be using an iOS device, the course will also work if you use Android apps. Delegates will be able to explore these tools, work together, try things out, and learn practical things to help them in their jobs.
Advanced Internet Searching
This course will cover exactly what you would expect. How to search the internet quickly and effectively using both
Google and a variety of other search engines. Delegates will learn how to get the best out of Google, and will also have an opportunity to explore other search engines. Videos in the series will look at ways to do other advanced searches, such as reverse image look up, in-depth data mining, and in-depth looks at many different search engines.
Each course will cost £99, including access to the videos, community and chats.
You can find out more about the courses at http://philbradleytraining.weebly.com/ where you can also book your session, or you can just book straight away at https://billetto.co.uk/en/events/philbradley
If you've got any queries or questions, please let me know! I'm really excited about this - I hope that we can start to properly break away from the 'traditional' form of one day training - it certainly has and will continue to have an important place in how we learn, but I think it's time for more flexibility!